Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 December 2019

IELTS- Writing task 1 - General module - Letter writing - Letter to landlord to return deposit

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You paid a refundable deposit when you rented an apartment. You left the apartment in good condition but the landlord won’t return your deposit.
Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter
• explain why you are writing
• ask for the return of your deposit
• inform the landlord of possible legal action
Answer

Dear Sir 

I was one of your tenant who was living in Flat Number 11, New Heights. I have emptied your flat in the month of June and was waiting to get my security deposit. I have called you a number of times and your no response becomes a reason of writing you this epistle.

The flat, when I left was in very good condition. All the walls were clean and there were no dirt spots on the walls. The furniture that you gave me at the time of lease was in good condition and is not broken or damaged. So, according to lease agreement, I have to return speck and span flat to you and this is what I did. Now, it is your turn to return the favor and follow the rules.

I request you to return my deposit in some days otherwise, I will be left with only one option and I have to knock the doors of the authorities to get it. I hope you do not want me to call the copes to settle this matter. Being hopeful to get my deposit soon.

Yours sincerely

Amanpreet Kaur


No comments:

Post a Comment